Sunday, November 04, 2007

Vicodin+Benedryl=Funny Carolyn

So, instead of boring you with what a dreadful week we had, I'll just tell you that I'm a hoot when I take Vicodin and Benedryl at the same time. (benedryl for my cold and vicodin for a random foot issue that I may or may not talk about later...) Anyway, I got into bed and rolled over and told Ben in my best smarmy voice, "I like you". He laughed and said something that I can't remember but it rhymed with "i like you". I told him that he had just rhymed and proceeded to laugh for a couple of minutes. I abruptly stopped laughing and asked him what was so funny. Then I fell asleep. Funny me. Oh yeah, earlier I tried to call Kara for her birthday and when I got her voicemail, I ended up saying all these random things about Bonnie's new baby. Loopy.

Yeah, so about the foot issue, I don't need to go into great detail, except to say that this random Dr. that I saw about the pain is DRUG HAPPY. While I was in his office, he gave me a shot of Tordal and then wrote the prescription for the Vicodin. He wanted me to follow up with him in three days to see how the pain was. Ok, so Friday afternoon to Monday afternoon is 72 hours, right? HE PRESCRIBED ME 90 VICODIN WITH 1 REFILL!!!! Good heavens! Does he think I'm running a side business down in Juarez? I mean, we could use the money, but REALLY.

On another wacky side note, I really love Albertson's. It's James' favorite store, too. All the employees there know his name and they all have to come and talk to him and tell him how adorable he is. I've been collecting those little stamps there for a while and let me tell you, I was really excited this week to get my fabulous new roasting pan. I'm not even kidding, it's pretty goofy what will excite me.

1 comment:

Janine said...

I love what drugs do. Some of the best one-liners of our marriage have been in the drug induced moments also. Thanks for the laugh!