Monday, December 01, 2008

The wisdom of 2 year olds

James has been killing us lately with the things that come out of his mouth. He was in trouble the other night and I told him, "You have two choices, you can pick up your toys or you can brush your teeth." He looked at me and said, "I want choice number 3."

He woke up and asked if it was Christmas for the millionth time. Exasperated, I told him that Christmas was not here yet. He thought for a minute and said, "It's already Christmas at Walmart. I want to go to Walmart for Christmas."

I already told you about Jesus and his band.

He wasn't eating his green beans the other night and when I asked him why he told me, "These green beans are dangerous." Huh?

We were at Walgreens and he saw a giant M&M bank. He started the "I want I want I want" drama and I told him, "We'll have to tell Santa you want this." We turned the corner and we were face to face with an old man with white hair. James of course says, "Santa, I want the big M&M!" Thank heavens for faulty hearing aids! The man asked me what he said, and I truthfully answered, "he was just telling you that he wants that M&M."

He crawled under the bench at church yesterday to retrieve a stray crayon. He came up, pointed under the bench and said, "They can hear me." No one was sitting there and I have no idea who they were. It was kinda weird.

He HATES when we pick him up from nursery at church. He'll cry and wail until we get out into the hallway and then he'll stop crying and take off for the clerk's office because they keep candy in there. He will dodge people all the way across the building while I get stuck behind people having conversations or whatever. By the time I made it to the office yesterday I heard him say to one of the leaders in there, "I need Bubbles and a candy. Where are they?"

1 comment:

Janine said...

James is awesome! I love your stories about him. My niece was a big negotiator when she was little too. You will be glad you wrote down some specific funnies, because they will all blur soon.