Monday, August 04, 2008

Breaking Dawn- no spoilers

Well, turns out my boss made a mistake and I don't have to start work until NEXT Monday. What a happy error! I found that out on Sunday evening and since I didn't have to be all responsible, I made the mistake of staying up waaay too late to finish reading Breaking Dawn. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Um, how about a generic there were good parts and there were dull parts and vampire parts and werewolf parts. I can say there were a lot of FREAKY things about this book. Lots of twists and turns and surprises, but also lots of very predictable cliche-ish moments. What are we expecting though? Its no great american classic novel, but its a good escapist teen/ya novel. Because of various issues, the book was definitely more racy, gory, freaky, etc. I've already passed my copy on to a friend at church :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really, really liked the end because it spelled out the themes so clearly that hopefully all those teens can't miss them. But, yeah, there were parts I just didn't like. Though, in the context of where the story went, I'm more okay with them now. But I think there are women in my branch who wont read past the honeymoon scene. LOL!